Friday 3 October 2008

No jewellery

I haven't made anything for a few days now and I'm missing my little pliers. I made a gorgeous bracelet the other day and it broke when I tried to put it on. The fastener came off. I must have opened the end crimp when I fastened the calotte over it. I do check for that before I sell any, all items are quality checked.

I have had couple of items back in for repair but it's usually a particularly delicate item that has been caught and pulled and a jump ring has opened, something like that. Sometimes people don't realise that you have to look after your handmade pretties.

I made a beautiful copper bracelet with Swarovski crystals and handmade figure of eight links. A lady who had bought it brought it back to me to demonstrate that if she pulled hard enough the links opened and the bracelet fell apart. I asked her under what normal circumstance would a bracelet undergo such an action. She told me that she had caught it on a door handle and it had fallen off and that this wasn't good enough. I offered her a repair or her money back and informed her that any bracelet or necklace that I made will open under that kind of force. I recently had to buy a medicalert bracelet because of my epilepsy and they use jump rings so that if you catch it on machinery, your arm wont get ripped off! She took the bracelet home.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails