Monday, 28 September 2009
Sunday, 27 September 2009
Monday, 14 September 2009
But this is my happy place so that's my little whinge over, it's done.
Oh, I have hugely wonderfully spangly news! I have a brand spanking new website!
- My two bestest buds are getting married soon which I am really excited about because frankly it's about bloody time!
- Another friend is about to drop a bairn!
- James has suggested to me a financial target I really need to achieve in order to quit my job and it's a lot more attainable than I thought. I just need a really good Christmas.
- I have met some really awesome people recently through my craft fairs and I'm loving it!
- I have the best husband in the world and amazing friends (okay so that's not a recent development but sometimes you need a few crap days to help you see what's good)
Talk about turning a post around! Well I've cheered myself up so I'm off to get a glass of milk and get myself tucked in.
Thursday, 10 September 2009
Fresh water pearl, amazonite, amethyst and rose quartz cluster earrings
Fresh water pearl, rose quartz and jasper wire wrapped earrings
Red agate choker
Red agate and butter Jade bracelet
Pearl charm bracelet with Swarovski, amethyst, rose quartz and amazonite.
Tuesday, 8 September 2009
Monday, 7 September 2009
Coral and Smokey Quartz
In my head though I can see my winter range, bright silvers and icy blues, Emerald, Sapphire, blue topaz and Clear crystals. A bright sparkly glitzy range to get you through the cold dark winter.
Red Agate, Golden Jade, Cherry Quartz, Coral, Rose Quartz and Red Adventurine
All that is not to say that I can't be bothered with the business, I can and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't make jewellery or do something on line it's just that to constantly market your work is tiring, that's why I like it here. On Twitter I feel like a spammer on message boards I feel like I'm feigning interest in others to fuel my career. The truth is that I'm not, I follow way too many blogs to visit each one daily but I do read them, I am interested and that goes for the Tweets I read and the forums I post in. I'm not much of a net worker, I never have been. I've never made a friend thinking " I wonder what this person can do for me" If you are my friend either in real life or in cyberspace then it's because of your value as a human being not opportunities your friendship may or may not present. I want nothing from you but friendship.
Golden Jade and Red Adventurine
I am in real life as rubbish at keeping up with friends as I am in this world but not a day goes by them I don't think about them and when I do meet up with them it's like we haven't been apart.
Golden Jade and Red Agate
As I don't have a market for a month things will be tight financially so I'll have to get more items in my shops soon. My silver order will hopefully arrive tomorrow and I can make more. I have loads of gemstone beads left, I could do with some fresh water pearls and Swarovski to brighten things up a little.
So here's to a productive week and a great weekend. I'm having some friends around on Friday to show off my new garden. In fact I hope my Internet-wary chief bridesmaid is reading this and can make it.
- V. V. Brown and Calvin Harris were awesome
- The Qemists lead singer was a foul mouthed idiot
- The Qemists were rubbish
- The Qemists can't spell
- I don't like people swearing in front of children
- Calvin Harris should have been headlining rather than The Editors who were good but not lively enough
- Jimmy got drunk on beer and haribo
- The photos I took were rubbish
- I had a great time
- Festival toilets are horrible and I prefer tea to beer, yes people I am 27 not 77.
- I'll be back later, bye!
Sunday, 6 September 2009
This week I intend to sort the spare room out. I'm going to do a car boot sale and get rid of my junk. It's a good sized room so with the money I earn I'm going to board out the loft and then eventually turn the room into a workshop/office.
However today is going to be much more exciting than that because today we're going to Bingley live music festival. We went last year and it was good fun. Last year the happy Mondays headlined and although that's not my kind of music they were really good. This year it's Calvin Harris and the Editors.
I'm charging my camera battery as I type so there will be plenty pics coming your way!
Have a great weekend!
Friday, 4 September 2009
The clasp is a little flimsy as the wire is too thin. I have a delivery of heavy SS wire coming tomorrow so I'll replace it then.
Thursday, 3 September 2009
I was planning on taking some more photos to add to the ones on Etsy but I've just looked out of my window and seen that it's raining, again.
Well, this computer chair is giving a me back ache so I'm going to go make a cuppa and a bracelet.
I'll be back later for show and tell.
Wednesday, 2 September 2009
I do still love Etsy but I very much that I have ever been on their front page!