Wednesday 10 February 2010

Mini makeover time

Since joining weight watchers I've lost 8lbs which isn't loads but my ultimate goal is to lose 28lbs so I'm getting there. I've had ups and downs (Christmas and my Birthday) but with no major celebrations due for just short of two months I've got a clear run at my goal. Last weeks loss was 3.5lbs which really boosted my confidence so no I need a mini makeover.

You see the older I get the more important comfort is. When I was a teenager I didn't care about comfort, I'd wear the highest heels and go out without a jacket in December. Craziness! I have to wear an men's ugly polo shirt for work and because it's so horrible I just tie my hair back and don't wear makeup. Because I walk to work I wear super comfy super ugly boots which is fine cause I ain't walking 5 miles in kitten heels but I could take a pair of nicer shoes to change into at work. I feel like the practical ugly look is seeping into my non work wear and I don't like it. I looked down at myself recently and realised that I'm 28 years old and not making the best of it. I can't do much about my hideous work uniform but I can do my hair and put some mascara on. If my confidence drops again it'll take my motivation and will power with it and I don't want that. I have some gift vouchers due soon so I'm going shopping with them. I'm going to buy some..wait for it .... Jeggings! Yeah I know they are weird! For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about Jeggings are a cross between Jeans and leggings, like comfy skinny jeans. I want to be a more glamorous front to my business. I don't mean I'm going to be dressed up all the time, casually glamorous! I like this...

Shirt and Jeggings from Dorothy Perkins. Teamed with my knee high boots for a casual look, some heels to dress it up and my beloved flip flops in summer (not all at once of course!).

...and new jewellery. I'm not sure what I want something small and elegant or something big and bold? Ahh I don't know, luckily I can make both! I was over at Rachel's blog the other day and was admiring the beautiful necklace she has made for herself http://rachelluciejewellerydesigns.blogspot.com/ It made me realise that I never specifically make jewellery for myself so I'm going to. I know what earrings I want to make which I'll do tonight


On a vaguely related note I've decided to join Carrie http://www.lifechanges-uk.co.uk/ and do the race for life in July. It's only 5K but I have never been a good runner, I have no stamina so I'm going to have to train for it so when payday comes around I'm joining the gym Ahhhhhhh! I'm going to have to work really hard to achieve it but it will really help my weight loss too!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails