Monday 8 February 2010

Craft and Wellbeing Fair

Well I didn't sleep well at all on Saturday night. So many thoughts running through my head, will the stall holders turn up? will customers turn up? I was so worried that it would be a total disaster but quite the opposite. From the doors opening t 10am right until 4pm there were people there. Carrie and I were so happy and relieved. We certainly put the work in. A local newspaper ran an article and will do a follow up for us and we both delivered a lot of flyer's. this was all in addition to online advertising.

We've booked another one for the 7th March at the same venue just in time for mothers day. We are going to hire all the rooms and have more stalls. I'm going to have to limit jewellery stalls as over a quarter of the stalls were jewellers. My dilemma is that I now know a few jewellery sellers and I'd love to give stalls to everyone but I can't so I'm going to have to book on a first come first served basis. I think we do need more variety this time.

Many of the craft stall holders said that they weren't expecting to make much money as it was a first fair. I was very happy that they came despite their lack of expectation, I really appreciate their support and was very happy that their expectations were exceeded and most made a healthy profit.

Ultimately despite my nerves I knew we could do it and we were right! I'm very happy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

fantastic news! good for you, and best of luck for the next one :)

Rx

Related Posts with Thumbnails