Monday 26 October 2009

Unexpected possibilities.

I can't go into too much detail but let me just say that I am rather happy at the moment. A new and exciting venture has been presented to me and I intend to embrace it. It's something I have always been interested in and if it goes well it could even help me get out of the day job quicker than I hoped!

In other news... I did an unexpected market on Sunday at Castle Howard, they had some cancellations and called me. Crikey it was cold! The wind was horrendous and the stall kept lifting. I was so scared that the rain would damage all my stock. The weather was fine at home but 40 miles north it wasn't. The market opened at 10am and up until around 3pm I had made £6! James and I were so miserable, cold, tired (we got to bed after 1am the night before and set the alarm for 6am) and impoverished. Then between 3 and 4pm a miracle happened and we sold quite a few higher priced items giving us enough for a couple of hot chocolates to warm the cockles and a very nice profit. I have to say that Castle Howard has never let me down. I've always doubled my stall fee at least. I've only got three more outdoor markets between now and Christmas and I'm glad because I'm a big ole wuss who doesn't like the cold. That being said all three are Christmas markets and I love Christmas so I'll love the markets.

I've bought a nice woolly hat from Tesco and some fingerless gloves tonight so I should be all snuggley next time.

Next market is Ripley the week after next. I'm looking forward to it. I had a great time last time and I feel this time will be so much better, plus it's indoor!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails