Wednesday 20 August 2008

Jewellery jewellery everywhere

I've been looking online at other jewellery designers and it has left me with mixed feelings. On one hand I have been daunted by the sheer volume of sites selling original handmade jewellery. It would appear that competition is rife. That being said competition is healthy and seeing so many people who have clearly been successful is inspiring and I commend them.

Recently I have been feeling very optimistic about my work. I have just been on a cruise for my honeymoon and whist on board I took part in some jewellery classes. I have only ever used wire in the past and was feeling that I needed to explore new materials. We learnt some very simple methods using tiger tail and this has allowed me to experiment with new designs and I have to say it has been so much fun.

I am entirely self taught and have never used kits but I would definitely recommend going to classes, buying kits and looking online for tutorials as there is a wealth of information out there and if like me you love to create new designs you will find it incredibly useful.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails